Parnalls Solicitors has been one of the leading legal firms in the West Country since the 1700’s. Our staff are committed to helping all our clients deal with the legal aspects of life. Our forte is to combine sound, old fashioned values with the latest in legal thinking and technology to offer a premium local service and experience, at rates which are more competitive than larger city-based firms.
We require a Junior Litigation Lawyer, who is an excellent communicator and can be active in building and developing client relationships as well as managing a busy and varied caseload.
Attending relevant business events to engage in raising the profile of the firm and develop a network of contacts would be encouraged.
• Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience of working in all areas of litigation
• Experience to include general management of a wide range of civil and commercial litigation matters, contentious probate matters and some limited family law experience would be an advantage.
• Understanding of relevant compliance issues
• Ability to manage files competently
• Willingness to participate in the firm’s training and development programme
• Flexibility and ability to manage a busy caseload
• Commercial awareness
• Good communication skills
• A team player who can adapt priorities to meet tight deadlines
• Drive and enthusiasm for the litigation sector
• Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills
• A knowledge of the SOS document management system would be an advantage
This is a full-time role based in our Launceston office, therefore applicants need to be resident within a commutable distance. The hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday with a good holiday allocation. We provide a People’s Pension and Parnall Peto – an employee benefit scheme. Competitive salary.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Marie Quirk at firstname.lastname@example.org